Morris, Cary, Andrews, Talmadge & Driggers, LLC is pleased to announce that we are currently working on securing compensation for a family that was subjected to dangerous levels a carbon monoxide while they were asleep in their trailer. As residents of Louisiana, the family had originally purchased the trailer for rodeo events. At one such event, the family was awoken by a serious bout of carbon monoxide poisoning. After retaining the help of a Montgomery personal injury lawyer from our firm, it was soon discovered that this type of carbon monoxide poisoning is not exactly a rare occurrence with these types of sleeper trailers. In fact, CO poisoning-related cases continue to occur due to faulty design and/or the failure to design these trailers with an adequate warning or carbon monoxide detector.
It is for this reason that our firm has decided to seek damages on behalf of this negligently injured family. While our clients were lucky to live through such an event, carbon monoxide poisoning can have serious and even fatal side-effects. In smaller doses, CO exposure can lead to headaches, dizziness, confusion, chest pain and nausea. When exposed to higher doses, however, CO inhalation can cause loss of consciousness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), "people who are sleeping or intoxicated can die from CO poisoning before ever experiencing symptoms." Since it is an odorless, colorless gas, it can be nearly possible to detect—making it that much more important for manufacturers to design and produce reasonably safe sleeper trailers.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed under similar circumstances, you should not hesitate to pursue the level of compensation that you deserve. When you contact our firm today at (888) 694-0174 or locally at (334) 316-0930, you can discuss your case with a Montgomery injury attorney for free.